LAST UPDATE: January 4, 2021
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you send us
When you use our Sites, you have the opportunity to voluntarily provide us with certain information about yourself or others, such as when you create an account or make a reservation. We may collect Personal Information about you or others (information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual) that you may provide via the Sites, such as :
- your name, date and place of birth and passport and visa information ;
- your mailing address ;
- your phone number ;
- your e-mail address ;
- information that allows us to provide you with specialized services or to accommodate special requests, such as health conditions or special diets, but we do not collect sensitive information about you, such as health information, except to reasonably enable us to provide certain services to you ;
- your credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code ;
- information and preferences related to your stay or trip, such as your preferred locations/facilities, dates and number of people/children traveling with you ;
- demographic information (age, gender, nationality and desired language)
Automatically collected information
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- process, make and record reservations and/or purchases ;
- charge your credit card for reservations and deposits ;
- contact you for confirmation or offer you services after your reservations and purchases have been made or after you have registered for certain activities ;
- track reservations and stays ;
- send you emails about your stay ;
- send you communication materials such as customer surveys or promotional offers and benefits ;
- send you special offers, contests and featured products, if you choose to receive such notifications ;
- respond to your requests, complaints or other messages;
- RELEASE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- any entity, any MVD agency we manage ;
- Tour operators, travel agencies, personal assistants, employers or spouses who have provided us with your Personal Information ;
- third parties for whom we have received your consent ;
- our marketing and advertising partners, in order to provide you with more relevant advertising on our websites and to encourage you to return to our websites and to Cheetah Digital or MailChimp, which securely host e-mails and transmit our e-mail communications as our provider. We contractually require these service providers to keep your Personal Information secure and to use your Personal Information only for the purposes we specify.
- DATA TRANSFER ABROAD
When you use and/or purchase our services or products, we may transfer your Personal Information to multiple countries. As a result, we may transfer and store your Personal Information :
- on our websites and servers located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates ;
- in or to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where our headquarters are located ;
- in countries where we own, operate or manage sales offices
- in the countries where our third party service providers or consultants are located.
Some of these countries may not offer the same level of confidentiality, but we will take reasonable steps to ensure that transfers of information are made under appropriate security conditions so as to preserve your privacy.
- EXPLANATION OF THE LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OPERATION
The legal bases for collecting and processing your Personal Information include :
- legal compliance – if required by applicable law (e.g. police requests, fraud investigations or court orders), we may collect and process your data.
- legitimate interest – to pursue our legitimate interests, such as providing services and products you have requested in a manner that could reasonably be expected in the course of running our business and that does not materially affect your rights, freedom or interests.
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information contained in our system from misuse, loss or alteration. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are not able to ensure or control the security of the computers, electronic devices or electronic communication methods you use to send e-mails and transmit Personal Information to us via the Internet. It is your responsibility to ensure that the computers, electronic devices and electronic communication methods you use provide an adequate level of security for communicating with us. We are not responsible for any disclosure or interception of your Personal Information before we receive it.
- WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information that we request and/or require or do not consent to its use and disclosure, you will still be able to visit our Sites, but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services and, in some cases, we may not be able to process your booking.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for our direct marketing activities. Please send your written request with your name and contact information to the address below in contact us. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving your letter or sooner if required by law.
We may allow third parties to link to our Sites or to post a link to their site on our Site. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices or those of other sites. We accept no responsibility for activities or information on third party websites.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age, although we may collect Personal Information about a child as part of the process of participating in activities on the Websites, but always with the consent of a parent or guardian.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever we collect or process your Personal Information, we retain it only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, for active legal proceedings, for an identifiable and ongoing business need (such as record keeping) and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If there is not sufficient justification to retain such Personal Information, it will be securely erased, eliminated, blocked and/or anonymized, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable manner for statistical analysis and business planning.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
And please provide us with your full name, address, and telephone number, and a copy of proof of identity (such as an ID card or passport) so that we can verify your identity and verify that we have Personal Information about you or can contact you for further information.
You can also address your complaint/question to the applicable data protection authority.
What are cookies ?
A cookie is a text file containing a small amount of information that is placed on your device when you visit a website. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This allows us to operate the Websites more efficiently and to load the Websites so that they reflect your personal preferences, based on your previous browsing sessions on the Websites, as well as keywords that we may collect from the URLs of other web pages from which you accessed the Websites.
What cookies do we use ?
When you visit the websites, the following types of cookies may be downloaded to your device :
Analysis and performance cookies
We may use analytics service providers to analyze website traffic. Analysis service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of websites using cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the Websites, how long they visit and how they navigate through our Websites when they use them. This helps us improve the way our websites work, for example, by helping users easily find what they are looking for. The information generated about the Websites may be used to create reports on the use of the Websites and the analysis service provider will store this information.
Advertising or targeting cookies
We may use operating cookies that allow us to record the choices you have made on the websites in order to provide you with an enhanced user experience by offering you content tailored to your interests.
Cookies strictly necessary
These cookies are necessary for the administration and operation of our websites. Some of the cookies we use are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites and allow you to navigate our websites and use their features.
- Third party cookies
As of May 10, 2018, here are some of the tracking technologies and cookies that we have in place
How to disable cookies ?